Healthy Start helps individuals who’re pregnant, individuals who’re between pregnancies, and infants as much as age 3 by supplying care coordination, situation management, education, and connections with other sources to advertise overall health in parents and babies. Our Healthy Start staff people provide customized choices to satisfy the unique requirements of each parent or baby. Services are voluntary and provided totally free.
Healthy Start Services:
Your Care Coordinator will come across you at the physician or pediatrician’s office, your house, or other place that’s convenient for you personally. We are able to provide:
- Education and knowledge about getting a proper pregnancy along with a healthy baby.
- Parenting education and support
- Breastfeeding education and support
- Women’s health education and support
- Giving birth education and classes
- Provides tobacco-free education and support
- Supplying care coordination and referrals with other agencies when needed.
Anybody who’s pregnant or that has a baby younger than three years is qualified for Healthy Start.
Should be a Florida resident.
There aren’t any earnings needs.
How do you sign up for Healthy Start?
Once you think you may be pregnant, plan a visit along with you obstetrician or doctor. Request the Healthy Start prenatal risk screen, that is a simple private questionnaire performed by both you and your medical professional. If you’d like to join Healthy Start after your child comes into the world, ask your hospital of birth for that Healthy Start infant risk screen questionnaire or ask your doctor for any Healthy Start referral. After we receive your screening questionnaire, we’ll achieve to you to begin services.